Tuesday, September 10, 2013

NYFW TOP 10 PART 1 //

I've had a BLAST watching the shows & recapping each talented designer via Style.com . Starry eyed and all it took every bone in my body to just pick my top ten favorites for Spring 2014 - totally up my alley!!

Afterwards I got super inspired to create some fall looks for myself that implements not only this fall's trends, but spring too (since we all know I love to show a little skin here and there) lolol!!
--BUT that comes tomorrow so stay tuned...sighh...man I love this!!!!

P.S. THESE ARE IN NO SPECIFIC ORDER :)
Photo//Quote Credits -- Style Style List Vogue LA Times

Hervé Léger by:Max Azria
SEXY is how I described this collection in one word! Max's use of zippers to show dress silhouettes, peek-a-boo fur accents, and those crop top//bottom combos -- wowed the crowd!!

BCBG Max Azria
Keeping the Azria's talent on high blast! Their use of asymmetry, femininity, and splashes of water color prints in this collection really do -- "make women feel pretty".

Rag&Bone
Track pants are so in ya'll --Rag&Bone's unique style, with a twist of urban trends. Those bold bright lips & perfect use of neutral color pallets stood out most for me!!

My all-time favorite trend this spring is the Scuba Neckline -- demonstrated by many other designers as well.

Alice+Olivia

Alice+Olivia designer Stacey Bendet perfectly executes the look of her collection -- "it's preppy meets pretty". Spring colors were splashed all throughout their spring line in a sweet blushed manner -- dreamy :)

DKNY

Donna Karen killed it in NYC for their 25th anniversary show this week!!! Combining brand New York style classics with current trends -- overalls, sleek&sheer, urban artsy prints and the classic jean.
//Celebrity appearance by cutie Rita Ora who strut her stuff in a dope outfit down the runway//

The Row

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen never seize to amaze me!!! Their romantic, tom-boy charm strikes again! "Couture like traits" -- within their collection really set them high up for designers to watch. Style.com writes -- visions of their travels around the world shine through. Long silhouettes from Arabia, North African prints//hobo bags, and Russian style dense wool coats-- I've always loved these girls!

Diane Von Furstenberg

DVF's collection Oasis -- "shouts sexy safari with '70s swagger" according to LA Times. Blowing us away with her high energy style once again!!

Jason Wu

Showing us that sheer fabrics and splits in skirts will continue to flow for seasons to come! I'm definitely okay with that :)

Mara Hoffman

Beautiful//Colorful//Tribal prints against sheer fabrics gave me chills! Her jumpsuit in top left picture above was her -- "Favorite piece from the entire exotic collectin".

Carolina Herrera
I chose to show just these two pictures because I loved the entire line too much! These two show me a small peep hole of the lady-like detailed designs we will watch travel into summer 2014!!


RAY





No comments:

Post a Comment